I hope you are well. Although this continues to be an interesting year, right now is a great time to increase your current employees technical skills. The department of Workforce Development at Sinclair College has several programs eligible for state funding with Ohio TechCred.
TechCred is Ohio’s innovative workforce program that reimburses employers for industry-recognized, technology-focused, credentialed training programs and certificates. The training must be completed within 18 months and the current online application period ends October 31st.
Here are some things you should know:
- Employers will identify the specific, technology-centric qualifications they need, as well as the employee(s) they want to upskill.
- To qualify for reimbursement of training costs, the employer must partner with a training provider and apply online. Individuals must be Ohio residents with a verifiable Ohio address.
- The state will reimburse up to $2,000 of training costs per credential upon completion. There is no longer a limit of one reimbursement available per employee in each funding round.
- Employers are eligible to receive up to $30,000 per funding round
- The application period begins October 1st and will end on October 31st.
- Click here for more information about the TechCred program.
Wondering what you could use it for? Many companies in the area have already used it to streamline workflow and improve productivity with Microsoft Office training. Learn to effectively manage projects, analyze data or build PivotTables with Microsoft Office training curriculum. With courses for beginners to power users, you can gain the skills you need to master the features and functions of the Microsoft Office suite.
Karolyn Ellingson M.Ed
Workforce Development Manager