The educator externship program addresses the growing STEM skills gap in the manufacturing and engineering sectors. The program engages teachers in paid summer externships with local companies in STEM industries. Through this program, teachers will see STEM concepts in action, then they will develop a new project-based learning experience to take back to the classroom.
AMIP Goal: To build stronger relationships between industry and education by introducing teachers to the world of manufacturing.
Manufacturing Partner Benefits:
- Grow Manufacturing Brand
- Train and Develop manager and mentors
- Advance Awarenses of manufacturing-specific career opportunities
- Create Connection to potential future workforce
Education Partner Benefits:
- Explore skills taught in school and the “real world” applications in manufacturing
- Create a project to take back to the classroom.
- April 25: Meeting for Teachers
- May 23: Kickoff, 3:00-3:30 p.m.
- June 5 to June 23: Educators embedded
- TBD: Final Zoom presentation for all teachers and companies
For more information, contact Sean Kelley.
Manufacturers looking to take part in this program, fill out the form below: