- This event has passed.
TechCred Success: Application + Reimbursement
February 28, 8:00 am to 10:00 am EST
Guest Speaker: Derek Chancellor, Southwest Ohio Regional Liaison, Office of Lt. Governor Jon Husted
There are many methods to retain employees, but perhaps the easiest is reskilling and upskilling them to perform a wider range of tasks that are important to your organization. What if there was a way to be reimbursed for some, if not all, of the cost of reskilling and upskilling your employees?
Derek Chancellor, the Southwest Ohio Regional Liaison for the Office of Lt. Governor Jon Husted, will be at TechSolve on February 28th from 8:00 – 10:00 AM to provide information and answer questions about Ohio’s TechCred program –an excellent resource for manufacturers that reimburses them for helping their employees earn technology-focused credentials.
The Ohio TechCred program, administered by the Ohio Department of Development, helps employers improve the skillset of the employee while strengthening the workforce of the employer, a win-win all around.
- These tech-focused credentials should only take one year (or less) to complete, and many of them can be completed online.
- Employers are eligible to receive up to $2,000 per employee credential, and up to $30,000 per funding round!
- A total of 2,173 Ohio employers have been approved for funding to date, supporting the earning of 57,233 tech-focused credentials by employees.
The objective of this session is to educate you on what Ohio’s TechCred program provides and how to utilize it to the fullest. More specifically, to:
- Identify what skills are needed to improve your organization’s operations and which employees are best-suited to learn these skills
- Learn what qualifies a credential as eligible
- Gather information about the partners that provide the qualified credentials that will enable your employees to be reskilled or upskilled
- Understand how the application process works and if your organization qualifies for funding
- Learn how to enroll your selected employees in the program
- Understand how to upload proof of credential completion
- Learn how to ultimately receive the reimbursement from the Ohio Department of Development
Each participant will leave with a clearer understanding of the program and how they can maximize their use of it.
This session also conveniently falls directly before the next TechCred application submission period. March 1st through March 31st will mark the 19th round of TechCred funding, and your attendance to this Back to the Basics Breakfast Event will leave you prepared to apply!
More about Derek Chancellor:
As the Southwest Ohio Regional Liaison for Lieutenant Governor Jon Husted, Derek meets with business and community leaders in 17 counties across Southwest Ohio to discuss their successes and challenges, connect them with resources, and identify the best ways the State of Ohio can help them succeed. He also briefs, staffs, and represents the Lieutenant Governor for meetings and events in the region.